Most people I know had a blast with Destiny 2 but had the magic wear off relatively quickly with the endgame content. The pretty prompt release of The Curse Of Osiris has energised a lot of players to dust off their Guardians’ armour and get back in the fight. But for those of you who need a little more than some story missions, or if you don’t fancy paying for more content, Bungie have today announced the planned updates to Destiny 2 over the next few weeks.
Here are some of the highlights!
New systems and rewards to give our most engaged players additional, optional pursuits, including:
– A new Weapon Tier: Masterworks, which will feature stat trackers, random, re-rollable stat bonuses, unique item tooltips, and item details screens (see the December Update Details section below for more info).
– Improved vendor rewards, adding ways for people to purchase items directly with their Legendary Shards and Tokens (see the December Update Details section below for more info).
– Adding Armor Ornaments that grant visual permutations of armor as players complete specific Challenges (see the December Update Details section below for more info).
Private matches for the Crucible:
– Still targeting early 2018 and expect to have better insight into exact timing in the New Year
We are also moving Ranked PVP to the top of our priority list for next year to support the competitive community.
New ways to spend surplus currency and materials (looking at you Legendary Shards):
– Players will be able to spend Tokens and Legendary Shards on Vendor inventory (see the December Update Details section below for more info).
– Xur will have new items, as well (see the December Update Details section below for more info).
And here’s a little bit more info on the Masterwork Weapons:
– Legendary Weapons will drop as or be upgraded to become Masterworks versions.
– Masterworks will have a few advantages over the baseline Legendary weapon.
– Track and display the number of kills with that weapon (with choice between total count or Crucible-only count).
– Generate orbs for you and your allies on multi-kills.
– Add weapon stat bonuses that are selected randomly from a small pool and are re-rollable.
– Masterworks drop from any source of Legendary weapons for characters above 250 Power.
– Unwanted Masterworks can be dismantled into materials that can upgrade an existing Legendary Weapon into a Masterwork.
– Raid and Trials of the Nine Weapons will have a very high chance to be Masterworks.
– We have future plans to extend Masterworks to other gear and expose your kill counts in more places (e.g. Crucible kill screen).
There’s a hell of a lot of text from the dev team on what they’re working on so if you want to read the whole thing you can check it out here.